In our Corporate Headquarters in Northern New Jersey, we foster a challenging and rewarding work environment for our employees. We are committed to attracting, developing and maintaining a diverse team of motivated, talented individuals where each person has the opportunity to realize his or her full potential.
We are seeking a Preclinical Research Associate to be responsible for providing support for all aspects of antibody and small molecule rodent preclinical studies. Interested candidates are expected to have the required educational foundation and a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience and/or training.
Important note: This position will be based out of a research facility on the campus of Montclair State University in Montclair, NJ.
- Reviews in vivo study protocols with supervisor, obtains copies of all records associated with the animals in a given study (e.g., animal health reports, cage room records, etc.), and has responsibility for all aspects of the study as they relate to data collection. This includes accurate record keeping of data as outlined in a study protocol (e.g., daily observation of mice, weekly tumor measurements) in order to produce quality spreadsheets and graphs using Excel and Prism software, respectively. Provides weekly updates (e.g., current spreadsheets and graphs) to supervisor for review.
- Handles rodents and rabbits for the purpose of administering intraperitoneal, intravenous, or subcutaneous injections of cells and test reagents.
- Dissection of mice for the determination of the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of various injected reagents (e.g., biodistribution studies).
- Blood and tissue sample collection and processing for pharmacokinetic and toxicology studies.
- Grows and maintains various cancer cell lines in vitro for the purpose of setting up animal cancer models to test our various anti-cancer agents.
- Occasional weekend/holiday work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or equivalent and 1-2 years of relevant experience and/or training. Prior experience with small animal handling and tissue culture is required.
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis is a plus.
- Must be independent and organized with the ability to follow protocols.
- Must have solid math skills with excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Must be computer savvy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Experience with GraphPad Prism is desired.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must undergo a Company-paid post offer/pre-employment physical examination and receive clearance to work from the attending physician prior to starting employment. Annually thereafter, an animal medical questionnaire will need to be completed and reviewed by/with our occupational health physician. Work is performed in a standard R&D lab bench environment.
United States work visa sponsorship is not available for this position. We can only consider your candidacy if you have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. At the initial time of application, please indicate your work authorization status. Please also note that Immunomedics, Inc. is not an E-Verify employer and cannot assist EAD holders in extending their OPT authorization.
Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance is available for this opportunity.
Salary will be up to 50k (commensurate with experience) and will be part of a total compensation package that includes excellent benefits.
Please apply only if you meet all of the required qualifications listed above and provide salary history and/or expectations at the time of application. Resumes without salary information will not be considered.